Table of Contents
How to Decide on an Alcohol Detox Center
Alcohol use disorder is a chronic and relapsing issue for many. It is characterized by an inability to quit altogether or even reduce alcohol consumption. Regardless of an accumulation of personal consequences to them personally including those around them. These consequences can often be occupational, legal, financial, health-related or interpersonal. Though despite their reasonings, one reasoning remains constant – it can completely destroy not only their lives but the lives of those around them.
If someone you know, love, or yourself has been suffering from AUD of any degree, Transformations Care is available to help and give you the support you need. As the state’s best medical detox center, we have medical services that make alcohol withdrawal pain-free and as safe as possible. Including a variety of ranges of clinical and medical services to accommodate. In which are comprehensive and individualized. You will not find these services anywhere else in state-funded detox facilities.
Factual Statistics on Alcoholism
Many people don’t know Alcoholism is a widespread disease. It does not discriminate between genders or any demographic including social standing. Over 14 million American citizens struggled with an alcohol use disorder during 2019 alone according to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.
Unfortunately, of those 14.1 million adults only about 7.9 percent of them who were struggling with an AUD received any professional addiction treatment. Often those who failed to seek treatment were unaware. They did not know of the extensive, recovery-oriented resources of which were available to them in their local area. It’s important to know if someone you love, including yourself, has been struggling with AUD of any level of severity and you happen to live in the area, do not hesitate to contact Transformations Care. We are here to help, we want to help and give you our support. Begin your personal recovery journey by calling us today.
Medically Monitored Detox Through Alcohol Withdrawal
Alcohol withdrawal is not easy and in fact can be extremely dangerous. Depending on the severity of the alcohol abuse and the duration of the alcohol abuse. It is always a necessary first step for you or your loved one to be medically monitored through this process, whether they have been suffering from a severe or moderate alcohol use disorder.
Within two hours after stopping use is when symptoms usually peak. You can expect body tremors, nausea, vomiting and severe anxiety. You can also expect symptoms of even hallucinations and seizures. Transformations Care provides a safe and pain-free withdrawal environment, educated staff, along with a carefully developed and comprehensive alcohol detox program to assist.
Services Included For Our Drug & Alcohol Detox Program
- 24/7 Onsite Clinical & Medical Care
- Medication Management
- Relapse Prevention Training
- Family Counseling Program
Services We Provide For Our Medical Detox Program
At Transformations Care we offer the following recovery-related services:
- Crisis Intervention – Reaching out on behalf of a loved one when they’re in a state of crisis is often the best step you can take for them. Being a progressive disease, alcoholism-associated symptoms can become life-threatening quickly. Transformations Care is licensed and highly experienced, and therefore all the interventionists have extremely high success rates. If your loved one is unwilling to seek treatment and needs professional help and support, we are here and available to help. Explain your current circumstances to us, by just simply giving us a phone call. One of our trained interventionists will get you in contact with you to help navigate to give the best support needed in your circumstance.
- Addiction Assessment – A four-part, detailed, addiction assessment is conducted before a client is admitted to our recovery program. This report includes psychosocial, psychological, medical and physical evaluations. The addiction assessment conducted initially helps the medical team including our clinical team. It helps evaluate and determines which detox methods will be the most effective given everyone has a unique case. No two experiences with alcoholism are the same. For that reasoning alone, no two medical detox programs will and should be identical. Therefore we put a lot of thought, and care to come up with a custom-tailored detox plan for each individual client. We also base our custom-tailored detox plans on any underlying health issues including their personal background.
- Medical Detoxification –In extreme cases, the symptoms associated with alcohol withdrawal can be dangerous, including life-threatening. Which is why around-the-clock care and medical supervision is extremely important. The medical detoxification program we offer targets a safe and pain-free withdrawal. It also offers lasting sobriety which lays a solid foundation that you need. We have proven, scientific clinical methods (like Medication Assisted Treatment) and proven, studied holistic detox techniques that are intensive and therapeutic as well. At Transformations Care, we also use a combination of these proven clinical treatment methods.
- Intensive Therapeutic Intervention – At Transformations Care, we understand therapy is personal. Some clients may prefer family therapy and other clients may prefer individual therapy. We gladly offer both therapies as part of our comprehensive alcohol detox program.
- Case Management – Detoxing is a sensitive and crucial phase of continual intricate clinical care. It is most definitely not an effective simplistic, singular, stand-alone solution. Each client is assigned a case manager upon admission. The case manager for our medical detox program helps the client develop a structurally solid plan for continuing care. They also answer any questions the client may have. The case manager also offers additional support including communicating with their loved ones. The clinical team and the case managers work closely together to ensure that all personal treatment goals are being reached. The aftercare plan is also equally as important, making sure it is modified throughout treatment accordingly as the client recovery process progresses.
- Thorough Aftercare Planning – It’s a top priority of which we ensure that every client leaves our program with a realistic and viable aftercare plan in place. Majority of the aftercare plans contain an immediate transition into the following appropriate level of clinical care. Dependent on the severity of the alcohol use disorder that could consist of inpatient treatment or a possible intensive outpatient treatment program. It is crucial to have a solid foundational aftercare plan to prevent future relapse.
Searching For The Right Alcohol Detox Program
When searching for an alcohol detox program, keep the following points in mind:
- Fully licensed staff and therapists that are diverse, including seasoned medical professionals, and experienced psychologists. Offering around-the-clock medical care in case of any emergencies or complications may arise.
- Comfort is important while going through alcohol detox. Therefore finding a detox center that has a range of amenities which supports your comfort should be highly considered in your search. Transformations Care, for example, offers several amenities including fully private and semi-private bedrooms. We also provide chef-prepared meals and full access to a fully stocked kitchen. Well-appointed, comfortable, common areas in addition to, including our on-site 12 step meetings.
- Being both licensed and accredited is important. Transformations Care is both. We are nationally accredited. We have a solid reputation that has quickly gained a reputation as one of the most highly respected programs throughout the state of Maine – and the remainder of the country of which we are proud of. We have also been honored to have received the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission, which is the highest level of accreditation for a healthcare facility.
Start Your Journey of Healing Today
Suffering at the hands of alcohol abuse disorder of any severity is very difficult. Transformations Care is here and available to help and support you or your loved one through their journey of sobriety and healing. Committing to alcohol detox can be overwhelming and we understand. Which is why we have developed an admissions process that’s not only easy to navigate but is simple too.
By contacting us today you can have a brief pre-assessment. It includes a no-obligation health insurance benefit screening along with a plan for intake. This process can be accomplished and completed within minutes. Upon contacting us, to ensure our medical detox program is the best fit for you or your loved one we will conduct a brief pre-assessment over the phone.
Caring, non-judgmental, dedicated staff members will ask a series of simple, non-invasive questions. You can expect questions including, “How long have you been drinking alcohol?” “How many alcoholic drinks do you consume daily?” “Have you ever been diagnosed with any mental health disorders like depression or anxiety?” After completing the assessment, there’s a no-obligation, free, health insurance plan check.
For those who are currently enrolled through a major regional or national provider. If your loved one or you are uninsured or underinsured, there’s hope and no need to worry. We do offer a range of additional coverage options. These coverage options are private pay and self-pay. Lastly, we will line up safe and reliable transportation after determining a date and time. This is a service we offer if needed.
Living a happy, fulfilling life in alcoholism recovery – the only thing stopping you from overcoming addiction and having a life beyond your wildest dreams of happiness is you. You have the control of your destiny. Learn more about our highly individualized, successful, comprehensive alcohol detox program we offer here at Transformations Care, by calling us today. We are dedicated to help, and support you on your own personal recovery journey today.
Getting Clean & Sober at Home
Today, more than 75% of hospitals and healthcare providers offer access to telehealth treatment, with 29 states having gone so far as to enact telehealth parity laws, which force insurance companies to reimburse patients for telehealth at the same rates as they would for in-person treatment.
If you’ve been thinking about getting clean and sober, or if you’ve been wanting to work on and strengthen the recovery you already have, it’s never been easier to do it through telehealth.
"*" indicates required fields